Do you love running and want to bring your little one along with you? If so, a jogging stroller may be the ideal solution for your needs. But what is a jogging stroller? How does it differ from a regular stroller? In this blog post, Swapmamas will answer these questions and more! Read on to discover the pros & cons of both types of strollers and how to ensure that you make an informed decision when selecting between them.
What is a jogging stroller?
A jogging stroller is an all-terrain type of stroller that is designed for running with a baby. This type of stroller typically has larger, air-filled tires, a more stable frame and an adjustable handlebar to accommodate different heights. It also often includes features such as built-in storage and a handbrake to ensure safety. Jogging strollers are designed for parent-baby bonding and a fun way to stay active while spending time with your little one. Many jogging strollers also come with features such as adjustable suspension and shock absorbers to make the ride more comfortable for baby. They are an ideal choice if you plan on running or jogging with your child. They are also great for off-road adventures in rough terrain.
Jogging stroller vs regular stroller – Which is better?
Jogging strollers are a great choice for outdoor activities. The larger, air-filled tires provide a comfortable ride for baby and the adjustable handlebar allows for different heights so that you can easily adjust to your needs. Another advantage of jogging strollers is the added safety features such as handbrakes and built-in storage. They are also usually more durable and can handle rougher terrain than a regular stroller.
Read more: How To Get Mold Out Of Stroller Fabric | Expert Tips & Tricks
The main downside of jogging strollers is that they tend to be more expensive than regular strollers. Additionally, they are heavier and bulkier which makes them less convenient for everyday use. They also require more maintenance such as keeping the tires properly inflated and ensuring that the suspension is adjusted correctly.
When deciding between a jogging stroller and regular stroller, it’s important to consider how much use you plan on getting out of the stroller, your budget and lifestyle. If you want a stroller that is suitable for running or going off-road in rougher terrain than a jogging stroller may be a better choice. However, if you plan on using the stroller mainly for everyday errands and walking around town then a regular stroller may be more suitable. Ultimately, it depends on your individual needs and preferences.
Read more: Why Are Strollers So Expensive? A Breakdown of Top Brands
What to look for in a jogging stroller? 5 features to consider
- Size: A jogging stroller should be compact enough to fit in a car, but large enough to accommodate your baby comfortably.
- Tires and Suspension: The tires and suspension on a jogging stroller should offer stability and smoothness while you are running or walking with the stroller.
- Safety Features: Look for a jogging stroller that includes safety features such as a five-point harness, brakes, and reflectors or lights.
- Extra Comfort: Make sure your stroller has adjustable suspension and shock absorbers to make the ride smoother for baby.
- Versatility: Look for a jogging stroller that can also function as a regular stroller, so you can use it on different terrains.
How to know if your baby is ready for stroller jogging?
Your baby should be at least six months old and able to sit up independently before riding in a jogging stroller. It is also important to check with your pediatrician prior to using the jogging stroller, as there are certain medical conditions that can affect baby’s safety while in a jogging stroller. Additionally, be sure to follow all safety guidelines when jogging with your baby. Make sure your child is wearing a properly fitting helmet and always pay attention to the terrain you are running on for bumps or obstacles that could cause injury.
Read more: What Is A Tandem Stroller? Tandem vs Side-by-Side Explained
How to run with a jogging stroller?
- Check your stroller: Make sure that the tires are properly inflated, the brakes and suspension are in good working order, and all straps and buckles are secure.
- Fit your baby: Dress your baby for the weather and secure them in the stroller with a five-point harness or seat belt.
- Warm up: Take a few minutes to jog in place and do some stretches before you begin jogging with your stroller.
- Run: Begin running at a slow pace and gradually build up speed as you become comfortable jogging with the stroller.
- Check your child: When jogging, periodically check in on your baby to make sure they are comfortable and secure.
- Running with one hand: When running, hold the stroller with one hand on the handlebar and the other hand tucked away in a pocket or glove. If you need to adjust your speed or direction, use both hands to guide the stroller.
- Cool down: When you finish the run, slow down gradually and do a few stretching exercises before stopping completely.
Following these simple steps can help ensure that your baby is safe and comfortable while you enjoy jogging with your stroller!
Last Updated on April 10, 2023 9:36 AM
Darcy Cruwy is the Founder and Chief Swapmamas.com, a website dedicated to helping parents swap out unwanted children’s items. A single mama, Darcy knows firsthand the challenges of parenting and running a business. She started her blog as a way to share her experiences and tips with other parents, and nowadays she takes care of her kid full-time while also juggling her entrepreneurial endeavors.