Terms of Service
The following Terms of Service apply to your use of this Network. You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on the Network and compliance with these terms. By registering with us or using or browsing this Network, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms. This Network is not directed to children younger than 13 and is offered only to users 18 years of age or older. Any person who provides their personal information through this Network represents that they are 18 years of age or older.
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use this Network:
- In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party's intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to engage in spamming, "chain letters," "pyramid schemes", advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- in a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another's privacy;
- in a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
- in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
- to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this Network without authorization;
- to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Network or prevent others from using this Network, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this Network, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons' ability to use this Network;
- to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user's account or to monitor or copy this Network or the content contained therein;
- to facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this Network or to users; and
- in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass anyone;
- Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this Network or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this Network for the purposes of automating logins to this Network;
- Post any content containing child pornography to this Network;
- Post any content that depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
- Post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature.
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this Network - except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or "well-behaved" web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by "well-behaved";
- Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Network's infrastructure;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this Network;
- Use this Network as a generic file hosting service;
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of this Network or for using it for purposes unrelated to this Network); and
- Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this Network.
Additionally, you agree not to:
To provide notice of alleged copyright infringement on this Network, please see the DMCA Notification Guidelines.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this Network to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. You also agree that these Network Terms of Service inure to the benefit of our service providers (including our Network platform provider) and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these Network Terms of Service. Technology and hosting for aspects of this Network are provided by this Network's online service provider. However, the Network Creator of this Network controls the content, membership and policy of this Network, including those pages served by such service provider on behalf of this Network. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by participating on this Network you agree to indemnify and hold harmless such service provider on all matters related to your interaction with others using this Network and participation with this Network.
By using the www.swapmamas.com web site ("Swapmamas"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
Swapmamas facilitates swaps among the members of this service. You expressly agree that use of Swapmamas is at your own risk. You must be 18 years of age or older to use the Swapmamas service. Content posted to Swapmamas is solely the opinion and responsibility of the user posting the message. Swapmamas expects that all users will post respectful and courteous content. Swapmamas takes no responsibility and assumes no liability either for the content posted on the site, lost items, swaps that have fallen through, or for your communications and relationships with other Swapmamas members.
Swapmamas views protection of users' privacy as a very important community principle. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit swapmamas.com, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookies
We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google's DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using Double Click advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests ("interest based targeting"). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Las Vegas, you may see Las Vegas hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about hockey). DART uses "non-personally identifiable information." It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visiting http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
1. You must be 18 years and older to use this site. You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your username.
2. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
3. You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Swapmamas users.
4. You may not use the Swapmamas service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. Users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
5. You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links that you submit, post and display on the Swapmamas site.
6. You must not modify, adapt or hack www.swapmamas.com or modify another web site so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Swapmamas.
7. You must not create or submit unwanted email or spam to other Swapmamas members.
8. You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
9. You must not, in the use of Swapmamas, violate any laws in your jurisdiction. Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your Swapmamas account. While Swapmamas prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Swapmamas is a venue and as such is not responsible for the content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Swapmamas service at your own risk.
• Swapmamas reserves the right to modify or terminate the Swapmamas service for any reason, without notice at any time.
• Swapmamas reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
• By uploading images to Swapmamas, you agree to allow other Swapmamas users to view them and you agree to allow Swapmamas to display the images and content on Swapmamas and store the images, profile and other content.
Swapmamas is a service and venue for women (over the age of 18). We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination for all persons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability. We encourage all of our members to adopt a similar policy when regulating their swaps. Swapmamas’ services are not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or to temporarily or indefinitely suspended Swapmamas members.
Fees and Services
Swapmamas offers two membership levels, Basic (free) and Pro (paid). Members who opt to purchase a Pro membership are granted additional features as outlined (and strictly limited to those) on our Membership Levels page, In the event a swap results in lost property by either party, regardless of membership level, Swapmamas will try and help the two parties come to an acceptable solution, but expressly offers no guarantees. Pro membership does not increase a member's chances of collecting lost goods. In addition, Swapmamas advocates a strict No Transfer of Funds Rule Between Members.
Because Swapmamas is a venue, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users (including loss of property), you release Swapmamas (and Swapmamas’ officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Swapmamas does not control the information provided by other users that is made available through our system. You may find other users' information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate, or deceptive. Please use caution, common sense, and practice safe trading when using Swapmamas. Please note that there are also risks of dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretense. Additionally, there may also be risks dealing with international trade and foreign nationals. By using Swapmamas, you agree to accept such risks and that Swapmamas (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) is not responsible for any and all acts or omissions of users on Swapmamas.
Breach (Breaking the Rules)
Without limiting other remedies available, Swapmamas may, without prior notice, limit your activity, immediately remove you from swaps, warn Swapmamas community of your actions, issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your account and refuse to provide our services to you if:
2. Swapmamas is unable to verify or authenticate any of your contact information; or
3. Swapmamas believes that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, Swapmamas users or Swapmamas.
In no event shall Swapmamas, and (as applicable) Swapmamas subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, or suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our services, or this agreement (however arising, including negligence).
You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our service.
Resolution of Disputes
Swapmamas’ goal is to make you happy! In the event a dispute arises between you and another member, please email Swapmamas at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work quickly toward a solution.